Founder & Attorney
April K. Seo is a seasoned California Family Law attorney with years of experience helping individuals and families manage a range of stressful and complex legal challenges. Devoting her practice exclusively to family law, she engages a client-centered approach and implements a plan of action tailored to your unique circumstances and needs.
Few areas of the law are filled with as many mental, physical, emotional and financial ramifications as those related to our intimate family relationships. Ms. Seo is acutely aware of these difficulties and has amassed experience in a range of roles, providing her a unique perspective on all parts of the process. April has worked directly with the California court system, for non-profit organizations, and in private legal practice. This wealth of experience ensures that Ms. Seo provides effective legal advocacy and counsel regardless of your specific family dynamics and legal needs.
Whether it is working through a divorce and managing child custody disputes to dealing with domestic violence issues or negotiating premarital agreements, Ms. Seo is committed to addressing the matter with clarity, efficiency, and empathy. In most cases, the goal is to resolve the issue outside of the court system, using tools like mediation and negotiated settlement. However, if your case ultimately requires it, Ms. Seo is prepared to aggressively advocate for your interests in court.
Ms. Seo is passionate about fairness, justice and access to legal resources for all individuals and families. That is why she committed herself to providing volunteer legal services from the very start of her professional career. She currently works as a volunteer attorney with Alameda County Bar Association, Tri-Valley Haven for Women, and various Domestic Violence clinics throughout the greater Bay Area. In limited circumstances, Ms. Seo takes on select pro bono cases.
Ms. Seo has also been selected in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 to the Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Areas of Practice (100% Family Law):
- Divorce/Legal Separation/Annulment
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Simple and Complex Property division (valuation and reimbursement claims)
- Divorce Planning and Preparation
- Premarital Agreements
- Restraining Orders (Domestic Violence and Civil Harassment)
- Juris Doctor, Santa Clara University School of Law
- Honors: Pro Bono Award; CALI Award for Excellence (Awarded for Service to Victims of Trauma and Marginalized Communities); Honors Moot Court; Executive Board for South Asian Law Student’s Association
- Bachelor of Arts, University of California, Davis
- Certificate, 40-hour Mediation and Divorce Mediation Training
- Certificate, ABA Family Law Trial Advocacy Program (National Institute of Trial Advocacy)
- State Bar of California, member of Family Law Section
- Alameda County Family Law Association, Board Member
- Alameda County Bar Association, member of Family Law Section and Barristers Section
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, member of Family Law Section and Barristers Section
- Asian American Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association
- Earl Warren American Inn of Court, Associate Member
- Robert G. McGrath American Inn of Court, Associate Member (2014-2016)
Pro Bono Activities:
- Volunteer attorney with Alameda County Bar Association
- Volunteer attorney with Tri-Valley Haven for Women, Domestic Violence clinic